Re-2: [Samba] Re: Windows XP always see folder with read-only attribute set

damiend at mckennagroup.co.uk damiend at mckennagroup.co.uk
Thu Jan 17 10:38:58 GMT 2008

hi hector

adding the following to smb.conf should cure the problem

map read only = no

regards

Damien Dye BSC(hon)
IT and Telecommunications Engineer
Mckenna Group
Lawn Road Industrial Estate
Lawn Road
Carlton-in-Lindrick
Worksop
Nottinghamshire
United Kingdom
S81 9LB

Email  : damiend at mckennagroup.co.uk
Tel    : (44) 01909541414
Direct : (44) 01909541462
Fax    : (44) 01909541415
Web    : www.mckennagroup.co.uk

Company Registered in England,
Company Registration Number 1713320
Registered address Lawn Road, Carlton-in-Lindrick, Worksop, Notts, S81 9LB