[Samba] LDAP problem

Rune Tønnesen rune at tonnesen.org
Mon Jan 7 17:43:22 GMT 2008

tanguy.leost at free.fr skrev:
> Selon Rune Tønnesen <rune at tonnesen.org>:
>

>> I've solved my problem by using the openldap database recovery tools to do a
>> manual
>> recover.
>>
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=openldap+recover&meta=
>>

> You're right, this works.
> I managed to repair my database, thanks to you.
> My ldap runs as it was before the 'crash'.
>
> Unfortunately it is still impossible to connect
> from a window station.
>
> By the way, my ldap manager is 'Manager';
> I noticed that I have no entry for Manager when
> I perform a ldapsearch.
> Is it normal?

The LDAP problem:

There should be a manager account, which is also defined in the
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf otherwise you need to create one.
The manager account is used to add accounts for users and workstation to
the ldap database.

The connection problem:
Have you tried to turnoff all the workstations restart samba and see
whether they still won't connect?
E.g. try add a computer to the domain and see whether this is possible
or not.
Has the output from the logs changed since ldap got up and running? is
there any erros when smb and nmb is restartet e.g. like can't bind to ldap.

--
Rune Tønnesen
Bedste Hilsner/Best Regards