Fw: [Samba] printer admin option replacement on stand alone (not domain) print server running version 3.0.25

Richard Chapman rchapman at aardvark.com.au
Sun Jan 6 00:42:11 GMT 2008

Hi Vickie

I have been following your thread in the samba list - and I think I am
wrestling with a similar problem. I want to upload windows printer
drivers to a workgroup samba server. My samba is also 3.0.25. on a
Centos 5.1 server.

I have put the "enable privilege = yes" into smb.conf - and restarted samba.
However - unlike you - when I try the command:

#net rpc rights grant 'rhc' SePrintOperatorPrivilege
And give the root password, I get the error:
Failed to grant privileges for rhc (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)

"rhc" is a user on both the linux server and a windows client machine - though I must admit I am confused about how the two user5 groups relate to each other in a workgroup samba setup.

Curiously - if I attempt to grant the right to a non-existent user - I do not get an error.

Since you seem to be trying to achieve the same thing - you may have encountered similar problems. Can you throw any light on this problem?

Thanks

Richard.