[Samba] Fedora samba and ldap (resend)

Quinn Fissler qfissler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:36:43 GMT 2008

It's trivial to compile your own samba to include what you need.

FYI, on a recently updated FC7 near here I can see 3.0.28 with pam support
enabled.

(Looking at /var/log/rpmpkgs I can see that 3.0.25 was installed
originally.)

You will have to update fc7 anyway (bad kernel)

samba works alongside posix ldap schema with no issues -  you only have a
problem if you need passwords in sync - even then, it is solvable - I
believe that samba is doing more to support this - ie functionality in this
area is changing - in my view, that makes it slightly difficult - you have
to work to get the right way for the current combination of libs and app
versions.

Good luck,