[Samba] Rename Samba Domain?

Quinn Fissler qfissler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:12:07 GMT 2008

I've done it - it can be done without pain.
I was using ldap - I backed up my db first - I also change SIDs by using a
large scale edit and re-imported.

If you want client machines to stay joined to the domain, you have a bigger
problem - depending on the number of clients, it might be easier to unjoin
before the name change and rejoin afterwards, otherwise, the clients will
look for the old DC, even to leave the domain.

Have fun :-)