[Samba] Samba PDC Ldap integration

Mike Eggleston mikeegg1 at mac.com
Thu Jan 3 11:55:10 GMT 2008

On Thu, 03 Jan 2008, Andy might have said:

> Hello all
>
> I have set up a Debian etch server with a samba and ldap integration.
>
>    domain master = yes
>    domain logons = yes
>    os level = 33
>    preferred master = yes
>    local master = yes
>    passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost/
>
>    ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=test,dc=net
>
>    ldap suffix =dc=test,dc=net
>    ldap user suffix = ou=users
>    ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
>    ldap group suffix = ou=groups
>
>    ldap password sync = yes
>
> I have added the machine into LDAP as a samba 3 machine.
> I have added a user to the domain admins group.
>
> When I try to connect a PC to the domain a error message pops up saying "the
> following error occurred attempting to join the domain "test": The specific
> network name is no longer available"
>
> Would some know the cause of this?

I don't have any data on a possible cause. My portions of the config for this are:

workgroup = MYDOMAIN
netbios name = smbhost
netbios aliases = loghost, mailhost, backuphost, ldaphost
server string = Samba Server (%h)
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%h\%U
logon path = \\%h\profiles\%U
logon script = logon.bat
ldap delete dn = Yes
ldap suffix = dc=MYDOMAIN,dc=com
ldap admin dn = cn=manager,dc=MYDOMAIN,dc=com
ldap user suffix = ou=people
ldap group suffix = ou=groups
ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
ldap ssl = off
ldapsam:trusted = Yes
ldap timeout = 15
utmp directory = /var/run
wtmp directory = /var/log
utmp = Yes

encrypt passwords = Yes
password level = 0
password server = ldaphost.MYDOMAIN.com
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://ldaphost.MYDOMAIN.com
ldap passwd sync = Yes
unix password sync = No
passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd %u
#pam password change = Yes
passwd chat = "Changing * password*for*\nNew password*" %n\n "*Retype new password*" %n\n
passwd chat debug = Yes
#client use spnego = No
#use spnego = No

os level = 66