[Samba] Problem with samba+openldap with regard changing passwords from windows

Jerome Tournier jtournier at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:56:23 GMT 2008

Le Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 02:39:21PM +0000, Alan Goodman a ecrit:
> I did smbldap-show alan and among other information the line:
> sambaPwdCanChange: 0 appeared.
>
> From my understanding if I do smbldap-usermod -A0 -B0 alan that line should
> then be changed to have a value of 1 allowing users to change passwords
> from their windows logins

No. sambaPwdCanChange is the Timestamp of when the user is allowed to
update his password. A value of 0 let hime change his paswword since
01/01/70. This value (0) is then what you need.

> appear to be changing these values at all and thus im left with manually
> smbldap-passwd user to change each persons passwords (which does work)
>
> If someone could let me know which logs you require and how to obtain them
> I would be happy to post them up here.

I don't have an answer, but you could have a look at that:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-February/138426.html

--
Jerome Tournier
GPG key ID (pgp.mit.edu): 75FE0A51