[Samba] Re: Sorting directory lists [SOLVED]

Wed Dec 31 10:45:43 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 11:56:17AM +1100, Andy Kelk wrote:
> It may also help others out so I've posted the results here:
> http://code.google.com/p/samba-dirsort-vfs/

Some comments:

It will not compile on some c compilers, in dirsort_opendir
you define source_directory after a statement. Same for dp.

In dirsort_readdir you might want to implement a check based
on fstat if the directory has changed since you read it. It
might take a while before smbd actually does the readdir
call. You might want to throw away the cached contents. You
might want to look at vfs_syncops for information how to get
a directory fd.

It would be good if we got this in git format-patch format
:-)

Volker