[Samba] sharing samba smbpasswd

Dean Clapper dclapper at universitycoop.com
Mon Dec 29 04:21:35 GMT 2008

Is there a way to share smbpasswd (samba user name and password file)
between multiple servers.  The servers are not on a domain controller, NIS
nor ldap.

We have 2 - 3 redhat samba servers just for network share drives.  Instead
of managing passwords and user names on multiple systems, I'm trying to
leverage one machine and use its logins and passwords for all samba
machines.

Is there a good way to implement this strategy configuring the smb.conf file
or is this going to require a different mechanism?

Thanks
Dean