[Samba] server change

Toby Bluhm tkb at alltechmedusa.com
Mon Dec 1 15:36:48 GMT 2008

Bill Szkotnicki wrote:
> Is there one particular .tdb file that is used for authentication?
> The new server has been running now for two weeks and I am thinking that
> I should be careful about replacing .tdb files.
> It is only this one issue of workstations where we want more than one
> userid to logon that needs solving.

Copying all tdb files is the way you clone a samba server, which is what
I thought you were trying to do, basically.

Pick an off hours time, make backup copies, test it out on a few PCs. If
it goes haywire, just restore the backup copies.

You're sorta in between now. You can either do the work to move forward
with the current setup or try to restore the old setup. You'll need to
decide which way is better due to work for you, inconvenience to the
users, pitfalls, etc.

--
tkb