[Samba] server change

Bill Szkotnicki bszk at uoguelph.ca
Mon Dec 1 17:17:52 GMT 2008

OK now I have tried copying all of the /var/cach/samba files into the
new server ( after stopping it and backing it up ) and we still have the
same issue.
Nothing seems yo be broken as far as I know now but
unless we unjoin and rejoin a machine a guest user can not logon.

Any other ideas?

I have turned on extensive logging but there doesn't seem to be anything
useful  in the logs.

When the guest id tries ( windows xp ) there is no recognition of an
attempt in the log files.