[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0.29 -> 3.0.30 Trust Relationship Failure

Aaron Browne gopodge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 01:56:52 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Aaron Browne <gopodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> Recently built 3.0.30 for testing and cannot establish a Trust Relationship
> with our Windows 2003 domain controller. Joining
> the domain seems to work but shares are unavailable. Working backwards, I
> ended up identifying Samba 3.0.28a
> as a working build. Any version after that does not work.
>
> I did see two other posts that look similar in behaviour but not 100% sure
> if they are the same. Have reviewed release notes etc
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-May/141006.html
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2008-June/141128.html
>
> Short error log from 3.0.29 below.
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron

*snip*

Chasing this a bit more I applied only the NETLOGON patches introduced in
Samba 2.0.29 to support Windows 2008 and the problem arises.

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=20c499dada296ffe5ee533730316a8ec963c6284;hp=a3b5ba12ccff9184af348148c6e9fb73218aa1bb

I have log level 10 for Samba 2.0.28a (working) and Samba 2.0.29 (not
working) if needed.

Any clues?

Cheers,
Aaron