[Samba] User's groups issue

Ephi Dror Ephi.Dror at datadomain.com
Tue Aug 26 16:46:21 GMT 2008

Hello,

I'm using samba 3.0.31 and seems to have an issue with getting user's groups info.

It works like a Swiss Watch when I start winbindd and do "id username" for a given user however, if I add that user to one more group on the domain and issue "id username" I don't get the up to date info.

My expectation was that after some time, if I issue "id username" again i will get the new group listed as well.

I was playing with bunch of smb.conf caching parameters which none did any good.

Only if I remove all tdb files and restart winbindd I get the correct information.

Any idea?

I understand that we may not want to go to the domain for every PAM request unless it's for real authentication but once in a while we should go right?

We don't have a problem with having cache but we would like to know how we can control it.

I would really appreciate any hints here.

Cheers,
Ephi