[Samba] Re: Samba + Vista SP1 usernames with @ not working

Andreas Ladanyi knuffiandy at web.de
Thu Aug 21 11:56:49 GMT 2008

Andrei Mikhailovsky schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if anyone came across an issue with Vista with SP1 and
> usernames that have @ in their usernames (example username at domain.com).
> The login to samba network stopped working once i have installed SP1.
> The message I get is:
>
> The local Session Manager service failed to logon
> The data area passed to a system call is too small
>
>>From the server side i don't really seen any errors and the same
> username on pre SP1 workstation works without problems. Googleing for
> the problem does not show anything useful
>
> Thanks for any suggestions
>
> Andrei

Hi Andrei,

i am not sure i can help you, but i know domain user and domain group
are represented as form like:

DOMAIN/user or DOMAIN/group

on samba site.

What is your "log level" in smb.conf ?

I recommend you to have a look at the logfile(s).

In my case:

tail -f logfile is the first utility if something goes wrong.

Try to locate the error message.

We use samba 3.0.31 in security=ads mode and vista(with and without SP1)
in one domain and it works.

Andy