[Samba] Samba + Vista SP1 usernames with @ not working

Liutauras liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 07:23:12 GMT 2008

Andrei Mikhailovsky schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if anyone came across an issue with Vista with SP1 and
> usernames that have @ in their usernames (example username at domain.com).
> The login to samba network stopped working once i have installed SP1.
> The message I get is:
>
> The local Session Manager service failed to logon
> The data area passed to a system call is too small
>
>>From the server side i don't really seen any errors and the same
> username on pre SP1 workstation works without problems. Googleing for
> the problem does not show anything useful

I also have the same problem, atleast very similar.
I did not do a deep investigation, but situation is:
I use samba server as PDC. Usernames are "givenname.surname". There are
winXP and winVista in the network. One user did an windows update to his
Vista 64bit edition and rebooted. Now he cannot login. The error is the
same:
> The local Session Manager service failed to logon
> The data area passed to a system call is too small
I can do logins with domain\root user no problem, but not with username with
dot.
I uninstalled SP1 and now I can login.

Liutauras