[Samba] Re: What affects file locking?

Doug Germann 76066.515 at CompuServe.com
Wed Aug 13 02:25:52 GMT 2008

Doug Germann <76066.515 <at> CompuServe.com> writes:

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 17:27 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> Normally what you call "file locking" in this case is really access
exclusion
> ie. share modes. Use smbstatus on the server to see what open modes
the
> clients are currently using.
>
> Jeremy.

Jeremy--

Thanks! Had not thought of using smbstatus.

What is happening is that the Ubuntu clients are establishing a lock of

deny_none, and the WinXP client is establishing deny_write.

I have tried changing oplocks and kernel oplocks to yes, and all else to

the defaults shown here, but there is no change in this behavior:
http://www.physiol.ox.ac.uk/Computing/Online_Documentation/
using_samba/ch05_05.htmll

What else should I try, please?

:- Doug.