[Samba] ACL -Manage with Windows security tab?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 00:33:32 GMT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Keith Sudbury <keith at netzensolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I am attempting to configure AC:L's I have enabled it in smb.conf for my
> share and remounted my fs with acl enabled. However if I attempt to edit
> security permissions for the group "Domain Users" it creates two more group
> "CREATOR GROUP" and "CREATOR OWNER" and refreshes the security properties
> and then just resets the tick boxes i had  selected.
>
> I have attached a screenshot of the windows security tab, here is the share
> aprt of my smb.conf
>
> # scratch space // Sneakernet // ***NOT BACKED UP***
>       [Scratch]
>       comment = Sneakernet
>       path = /home/scratch
>       public = no
>       writable = yes
>       browseable = yes
>       follow symlinks = yes
>       force group = "Domain Users"
>       nt acl support = yes
>       create mask = 770
>       directory mask = 770

Have you configured idmap?

Here is what I have for a test domain called YOUR_DOMAIN

        idmap domains = YOUR_DOMAIN TRUSTEDDOMAINS
        idmap config YOUR_DOMAIN:backend  = nss
        idmap config YOUR_DOMAIN:readonly = yes
        idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:default = yes
        idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:backend = tdb
        idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:range   = 10000 - 50000
        idmap alloc backend      = tdb
        idmap alloc config:range = 10000 - 50000

John