[Samba] ACL -Manage with Windows security tab?

Keith Sudbury keith at netzensolutions.com
Fri Aug 8 09:58:09 GMT 2008

John Drescher wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Keith Sudbury <keith at netzensolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I am attempting to configure AC:L's I have enabled it in smb.conf for my
>> share and remounted my fs with acl enabled. However if I attempt to edit
>> security permissions for the group "Domain Users" it creates two more group
>> "CREATOR GROUP" and "CREATOR OWNER" and refreshes the security properties
>> and then just resets the tick boxes i had  selected.
>>
>> I have attached a screenshot of the windows security tab, here is the share
>> aprt of my smb.conf
>>
>> # scratch space // Sneakernet // ***NOT BACKED UP***
>>       [Scratch]
>>       comment = Sneakernet
>>       path = /home/scratch
>>       public = no
>>       writable = yes
>>       browseable = yes
>>       follow symlinks = yes
>>       force group = "Domain Users"
>>       nt acl support = yes
>>       create mask = 770
>>       directory mask = 770
>>

> Have you configured idmap?
>

> Here is what I have for a test domain called YOUR_DOMAIN
>
>         idmap domains = YOUR_DOMAIN TRUSTEDDOMAINS
>         idmap config YOUR_DOMAIN:backend  = nss
>         idmap config YOUR_DOMAIN:readonly = yes
>         idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:default = yes
>         idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:backend = tdb
>         idmap config TRUSTEDDOMAINS:range   = 10000 - 50000
>         idmap alloc backend      = tdb
>         idmap alloc config:range = 10000 - 50000
>

> John

Hi John,

I have...

 security = ads
 passdb backend = tdbsam

   password server = server01.mydomain.local
   realm = MYDOMAIN.LOCAL
   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
   template shell = /bin/bash
   winbind use default domain = yes
   winbind enum users = yes
   obey pam restrictions = yes

I will test what you pasted above in a VM.

Regards

--
Keith Sudbury
Netzen Solution Ltd