[Samba] NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND when print client tries to write to \epmapper named pipe

Tue Apr 29 07:45:48 GMT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 04:01:39AM -0300, Leonardo Tancredi wrote:
> printer, and looking at logfiles and traffic captures I see the problem
> is that the client is trying to do an NTCreate_and_X operation to open a
> named pipe called "\epmapper" but Samba answers with an
> NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND message. The client retries this
> operation a couple of times and then gives up.

This is the so-called endpoint mapper which right now is not
supported by Samba 3. I'm working on that right now. In the
meantime, it would be interesting to see a sniff of this
machine printing using the same driver on a Windows box.

Volker