[Samba] Strange behaviour of winbind on solaris 8

Dietrich Streifert dietrich.streifert at visionet.de
Tue Apr 29 07:19:36 GMT 2008

Please try to login (or su) to the user oweinmann and issue then ldd -r
/usr/lib/nss_winbind.so

For some reason I think that non root users are not able to read one of
the involved files.

This could be

    /etc/nsswitch.conf
    /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so

or some of the files found by the ldd -r command. The fact that you can
issue commands while nscd is running points to this fact becaus nscd is
running as root and has permissions to read all of those files.

/etc/nsswitch.conf should be readable by everyone.

I compiled samba myself with a full stack of openssl, iconv, heimdal
kerberos, cyrus-sasl, openldap and samba. While people often speak of
the Windows DLL hell this is the Solaris shared library hell :-( But it
works.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dietrich Streifert