[Samba] Re: using samba as nfs server replacement?

Pakorn Chutinimitkul pakorn at themonkstudio.com
Thu Apr 24 07:56:55 GMT 2008

The client is running 2.6.18 stock kernel. It shud be a year and a half old or so. I saw cifs module loaded.
Here's the output from modinfo cifs

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-0.7-default/kernel/fs/cifs/cifs.ko
author:         Steve French <sfrench at us.ibm.com>
license:        GPL
version:        1.45
vermagic:       2.6.18.8-0.7-default SMP mod_unload 586 REGPARM gcc-4.1
supported:      external
depends:
srcversion:     F8F65B4747CFABB396E7C28
parm:           cifs_max_pending:Simultaneous requests to server. Default: 50 Range: 2 to 256 (int)
parm:           cifs_min_small:Small network buffers in pool. Default: 30 Range: 2 to 256 (int)
parm:           cifs_min_rcv:Network buffers in pool. Default: 4 Range: 1 to 64 (int)
parm:           CIFSMaxBufSize:Network buffer size (not including header). Default: 16384 Range: 8192 to 130048 (int)

The server is running 2.6.24 stock kernel.

Thank you!
Pakorn