[Samba] OT: Vista & NTConfig.POL

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Tue Apr 22 00:03:37 GMT 2008

This isn't technically a samba question, but I figure there will be
other samba users out there in the same boat.

I have just setup the first Vista box on our samba domain and I am
having some trouble with policies (they don't get applied).

I have had a look around and there is alot of talk about the adm->admx
change, etc but I haven't seen anyone say that anything needs to change
in NTConfig.POL. Infact, there has been relatively little mention of
NTConfig at all. Does Vista still support NT4 style policies?

If not, what have others done to work around this? I guess I could push
out .reg files through login scripts but I believe that might trigger
UAC, any other suggestions?

--
*Michael Heydon - IT Administratorr *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>