[Samba] LVM + xfs + Shadow copy

Adam Roland roland.adam at freemail.hu
Fri Apr 18 07:40:33 GMT 2008

hi Dave,

first of all, thanx the reply :)

so, if i make this change;

SNAPNAME=`date +%Y.%m.%d-%H.%M.%S`

the whole thing gonna be fine :)
i see previous versions, so sun lights upon my face ...

the xfs_freeze -f /home/ command does make the process hangup at lvcreating, so i doesn't use,
by the way, i really don't understand whats the purpose of xfs_freeze,
does it matter when i use snapshotting at 500GB size of partition, but don't care about xfs_freeze?

have a nice day,

Roli