[Samba] broken client with domain name

Ludek Finstrle ludek.finstrle at pzkagis.cz
Wed Apr 16 07:25:59 GMT 2008

Hello,

  I have one question. I have domain in name form COMPANY.COUNTRY with
PDC on samba 3.0.28 (self compiled). I have no problem with domain name
with dot in it till I get copy device which have problem with dot
in domain name. I have a lot of messages in nmbd log from copier:
[2008/04/16 09:11:23, 1, pid=3582, effective(0, 0), real(0, 0)] nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:process_node_status_request(328)
  process_node_status_request: status request for name COMPANY<1c> from IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET - name not found.

  I ask copy device supplier about the problem but I'm affraid
he can't solve the problem.

So is here some way to say the samba that COMPANY is the same domain as
COMPANY.COUNTRY? I have no idea how to solve the problem.
You're welcome with any type of solution except renaming whole domain.

Thanks,

Luf