[Samba] findsmb inconsistent results... what gives?

CJS cal_john_smith at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 14:38:04 GMT 2008

When I run "findsmb" on my ubuntu machine, it returns inconsistent results;
when it works correctly, it will take about 10-15 sec to scan and returns
all the computers on my WLAN that respond to this type of request. But
sometimes when I run it, it just immediately outputs my own machine, and
quits. It does not return the other machines that are on the network.

What am I doing wrong? Why is it unreliable?