[Samba] Multiple IP addresses

Robert Pollard rpollard at drs4drs.com
Tue Apr 8 19:55:24 GMT 2008

Hey Greg,

I don't have a firewall in between the server and the Internet.  I was
trying to do some benchmarks on file transfers and then I would disconnect
it after getting the benchmarks.

I believe I know why I couldn't reach the Samba shares though -- the Sun
X4200 M2 has been having configuration problems with the 4 ethernet ports.
I can get the nge0 (the first port) working fine which has our production
system on it.  But, I can't get any other port to come up along with the
primary port.

Suggestion #2 seems like a possibility.  So, the class A address I'm using
will need to be entered into the Hosts allow field?

For production, there will be a firewall and VPN access only.  I have been
looking for a stable VPN router/client that works solid on all recent
Windows releases and haven't found one yet.  I started using PPTP and it
seems to be the most stable of all, believe it or not.

Thanks for the help!