[Samba] ntbackup and samba

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Tue Oct 30 05:48:13 GMT 2007

Why not run backup software on the server? In my experience NT Backup
tends to be a little flakey (doublely so when working with network files
or tapes).

When you say "Normal (once)" do you mean literally "once"? Just remember
that in order to restore from a differential backup, you need a reliable
copy of the original, and over time, the difference between the original
and diff. will reduce, eventually you will probably wind up copying just
as much data as if you were doing a full backup, but without the ability
to do a restore like a full backup.

-- Michael