[Samba] tdb/tdbutil.c:tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal (rev_2)

Pappas, Bill Bill.Pappas at STJUDE.ORG
Wed Oct 17 14:23:53 GMT 2007

I've seen more and more occurrences of the following error (other people
have different password servers) on the web.

I submitted this question before, but it was never resolved.  I've even
tried changing the underlying file system (from clustered vxfs to ext3)
and I still see the error.

Error:

[2007/10/17 08:29:33, 0]
tdb/tdbutil.c:tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal(82)

  tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal: alarm (10) timed out for key
SJMEMDC15 in tdb /usr/local/samba-3.0.23a/private/secrets.tdb

I've been seeing this error on and off for well over 1 year.

What happens is that many smb clients (as shown on the client log files)
start throwing this error.  They cannot reach the smb server.  I restart
the server and everything is fine for days or weeks until it starts over
again.

I'm running:

# /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd -V

Version 3.0.23a

Thanks,

Bill Pappas - System Integration Engineer - SAN

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

332 North Lauderdale

Memphis, TN 38105

Danny Thomas Tower - Room D1010