[Samba] Moving Samba/LDAP PDC to another server

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Sun Oct 7 14:33:49 GMT 2007

I need to move our existing Samba/LDAP PDC to another server.  Currently it is on server1 and I want server2 to be the Samba/LDAP PDC instead. However, I am uncertain of what files need to be copied over to ensure that I don't have to rejoin machines to the domain.  Searching the web I found information on creating the initial PDC setup, but nothing on moving the PDC.  I also have a system SAMBA/LDAP BDC running (server3) as a slave ldap server.  If is it easier to just make the BDC the 'new' PDC that would also be a solution.  Can somebody please let me know how to proceed?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins