[Samba] User connexions stats

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Nov 9 14:38:37 GMT 2007

Dear samba users/developpers,

I would like to make stats on user desktop login/logout and I ask myself
if it's possible to do this on the samba PDC. But it doesn't seems to be
so easy.
Maybe parsing logs or using smbstatus?

Is there anyone who did something like this and who can share he's
knowledge ;)

Or maybe it's ... impossible to get accurate datas about this, I don't
know exactly the smb protocol so I'm not sure that the connexion between
client and server is maintained during the whole user session.

Well, many doubts and not a lot of idea ... any hint would be welcome ;)

--
Emmanuel Lacour