[Samba] winbindd tdb cache

Bernd Schubert bs at q-leap.de
Wed May 16 15:31:17 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 19:29:35 you wrote:
> In 3.0.25 we have reworked the idmap subsystem and we made available
> both positive and negative cache timeouts for the cache (which is
> separate from idmap_tdb itself now).
>
> If you can;t change version you can probably borrow the code from there
> somehow. I think I also posted some code for 3.0.24 a few months ago
> that implemented a negative caching system with timeout, before we
> decided for the major rework.
> Search the archives.

Thanks a lot for your help, I found your patches
(http://samba.org/~idra/patches/). Hmm, they are not what I would call small
and nothing what I would like to test on a running system...

For now we will increase the connection timeout to winbindd, hopefully this
will already help.

Thanks again,
Bernd

--