[Samba] Offline logon from Winxp/2000 Client doesn't work

Christoph Lutz genie at genie.dyndns.org
Sat May 5 16:54:46 GMT 2007

Neil Jolly schrieb:
> Run the command pdbedit -Lv username for each of the users in question,
> and verify the the domain listerd for the username is correct. I've seen
> this occur when the users are created under one domain name, and then
> the domain name (in the smb.conf) is changed afterward. If that's the
> case change the users domain using pdbedit --domain=newdomainnamehere
> username

I've seen that I had not checked/corrected that, 30 minutes after my
post and now it works as expected. A misconfigured item was still there
from my first attempt a few days ago. The domainname for my User was the
server NETBIOS name. A testuser, pdbedit and open eyes solved the
problem. Anyway, thanks for the quick answer.

> Neil Jolly

Christoph Lutz