[Samba] Can't contact LDAP server,

empirium empirium at o2.pl
Wed May 23 06:31:47 GMT 2007

I have samba 3 with ldap as a authentication backend. When I use pdbedit
-a user everything works ok and the user is adding to the ldap database.
But I have problem with exporting smbpasswd to ldap, when I try pdbedit
-i smbpasswd:/etc/samba/smbpasswd -e ldapsam
I've got a problem that failed to bind to server ldap://localhost
Error: Can't contact LDAP server,
but my ldap serwer is on the other host than localhost. I dont know why
it choose localhost as a ldap server.
And it is strange because if I use pdbedit -a user everything works ok.
do you know anybody what is wrong?

part of my smb.conf
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://10.0.1.57
ldap suffix = dc=test,dc=pl
ldap machine suffix = ou=machines
ldap user suffix = ou=users
ldap group suffix = ou=groups