[Samba] prexec change between 3.0.24 to 3.0.25

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue May 22 04:33:17 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:27:58PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> But, anyway, I agree with you....which explains why I marked the bug
> "wontfix" in Debian's BTS.

Thanks. We're intending to remove all ';'s in scripts
in smb.conf in a future release. The embarassing thing
is that they're still allowed in printer scripts, as
smbd ships with those compiled in by default (they're
safe as all user input passed to them is sanitized).

We're intending to move these to supplied scripts
and then disallow *all* shell metacharacters in all
scripts.

Thanks,

	Jeremy.