[Samba] RPC Error with PC Netlink

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon May 21 17:39:07 GMT 2007

On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 01:30:21PM -0400, Gaiseric Vandal wrote:
> Sun has definately dropped PC Netlink in favor of Samba (ironically
> after pushing PC Netlink's superiority.)

Just before they bought PC Netlink I went and had dinner with
a Sun VP where I *begged* them to help us with Samba. He was
very polite and attentive but non-committal. A few weeks later
I found out why....

Looks like they could have saved themselves some money..... :-).

> I am less then happy that Sun has not sufficiently supported PC Netlink
> to even this level.

I'm less than happy they bought and pushed it in the first place :-).

> I am going to try samba v 3.0.22 -  since I saw some posts re changes in
> winbindd with 3.0.23 and after.

winbindd has been *massively* improved for 3.0.25. If I were you I'd
start with the 3.0.25a release (which will be this week now Jim has
finally found and fixed the "Password expired" bug).

Jeremy.