[Samba] RPC Error with PC Netlink

Gaiseric Vandal gaiseric.vandal at gmail.com
Mon May 21 17:30:21 GMT 2007

Sun has definately dropped PC Netlink in favor of Samba (ironically
after pushing PC Netlink's superiority.)    My  eventual challenge is to
smooth migration from PC Netlink to Samba.  In the short term I am
trying to link in some Windows 2003 machines terminal servers.    In
both cases I had hoped to have trusts between the old domain and the new
domain so we didn't need an additional set of accounts and passwords.
(Even if someone has the same username and password on two separate
non-trusting domains I don't think it will be seemless.)

I am less then happy that Sun has not sufficiently supported PC Netlink
to even this level.

I am going to try samba v 3.0.22 -  since I saw some posts re changes in
winbindd with 3.0.23 and after.