[Samba] pdc with split services

Dave dmehler26 at woh.rr.com
Sun May 13 02:15:41 GMT 2007

Hello,
    I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and setting up samba3 following chapter3 of
samba by example. I want to set up a local network pdc so that users have
roaming profiles, central document storage on the server and docs follow
with them machine to machine, time services, dfs, and printing. My problem
is i want to split this up, i don't want all of this on one box. Right now i
have a standalone print server running Linux samba 3.0.24 this box has
printer drivers on it for all the clients xp machines for windows and i'd
rather not move that. But i'd like for the pdc to know how to direct users
to this print server.
    Any input?
Thanks.
Dave.