[Samba] slightly OT: LDAP Server

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon May 7 22:23:48 GMT 2007

> we are currently looking for a Ubuntu server setup (ideally v. 6.06)
> with authentication and authorisation based on OpenLDAP for all
> services. The needed services are Samba (PDC), Apache (htaccess), Squid,
> OpenXchange, NIS.
> Does someone have such a setup and is willing to share?
> We don´t want to reinvent the wheel since time is money :)

Yes, we use OpenLDAP for all authentication (including
OpenGroupware.org), DNS, DHCP, Samba, Apache, and various internal
applications.

There isn't much to share;  it is all just putting together the pieces,
and despite all the whining you may encounter from lazy shlubs you don't
read documentation, very well documented.

http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/node/30

And ditch NIS.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com