[SAMBA] Weird Problem with file permissions and samba

Franck Y franck110 at gmail.com
Mon May 7 10:28:37 GMT 2007

Hello Folks,
I have a samba server that i use as a file sharing system.

I change the old machine for a new Ahtlon X2.

Everything was perfect but when i did the installation and attribution
; i have the same problem!
The client (WINXP) keeps telling me that he cannot access to my
sharing  folder due to permissions on the folder.

I did a 770 on the folder and the did a chgroup on it.
But i still don't know what's happening.

I thought at first that it was the password but i can login to the
personal folder on the server (the /home folder); but i cannot write
on it.

If you can take a look on this i will be really appreciated !
Thanks,
Franck

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log