[Samba] Active Directory Groups within /etc/group

Heneghan, Mark heneghan at admworld.com
Wed Mar 28 11:06:36 GMT 2007

I apologize if I'm going down the wrong avenue here...

I have Samba/Winbind working to authenticate AD accounts to my Linux
server.  I can perform getent passwd ADUser and view the user
credentials as well as using getent group ADGroup to view AD groups.
When I modify /etc/group I can add ADUser to the file and the ADUser
will have the security desired.  However when I add an ADGroup to
/etc/group it does not appear to work.

My end goal is that instead of listing out several users on /etc/group
on the wheel line, I would like to put an AD group on the line which I
can keep up to date in the windows world for individuals that need wheel
access.  If there is another way that I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
	This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.