[Samba] "All-In-One" with Samba

Thierry Klein Thierry_Klein at compuserve.com
Mon Mar 12 12:32:20 GMT 2007

                Hello,

        I am using Samba 2.2.8a on Solaris 9 to manage my little network (1
Sun Workstation and 2 computers with Windows 98 and Vista and a router). I
am planning to buy a device called "all-in-one" (printer, scanner, fax,
copier). The HP Photosmart C7180 looks well even if it is a little
expensive. It has an Ethernet connection. It is possible to include it in
the network and how to "declare" it? I plan to use only with the new
computer (under Vista) which only has the capabilities to use it but the
Ethernet connection will give speed and easiness of using. Is this
possible?

        Thank for any answer,

Thierry Klein
Thierry_Klein at compuserve.com