[Samba] Migration to Samba from Windows 2000

Kevin Blackwell akblackwel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 21:46:33 GMT 2007

OK,

I'm attempting to migrate from a Windows 2000 domain operating in
native mode to samba.

Yea, I know I'm screwed because Windows is operating in native mode,
but I know there has  got to be a way around it.

My first thought is to build another domain controller, have it join
the domain as a new forest. Now I seem to be running into the problem
of the mail server being in native mode and the new server being in
mixed mode. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Actually, after that, I'm out of ideas. I can't use net rpc vampire
because windows is operating in native mode and that does not work.

Thanks in advance folks.

Kevin