[Samba] Need some explanation on Samba/NFS locks handle

Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com Alain.Gorlier at altissemiconductor.com
Thu Mar 22 17:35:22 GMT 2007

>> Nope. Won't happen. Share modes are share modes and byte
>> range locks are byte range locks. We will not add code that
>> mixes those two. This is really something the app must take
>> care of.

I understand your point of view.
But, we do/can NOT want to modify our OS2 applications.
So, we have to keep OS2 deny mode method and migrate OS2 SMB clients 1 by
1 to Linux NFS client with no loss of file integrity...
Then, we are thinking about modifying Samba server code to "emulate" deny
modes with byte range locks....

Any idea about another way to resolve this point ?