[Samba] recommended filesystems with NT/Posix ACL's ?

Cybionet cybionet at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 9 01:38:39 GMT 2007

Greeting IP Guy,

  You can choose EXT, ReiserFS, XFS or JFS. All this filesystem have
advantages or cons. But a point interesting, it's the number of entries
you can use with the ACL(EA).

- EXT2/3  have a maximum of 32 entries with only 28 usable.
- ReiserFS3/4 and JFS have a maximum of 8191 entries with 8187 usable.
- XFS have a maximum of 25 entries with only 21 usable.

  This mean that with XFS you have the 4 regular entries (owner, group,
other and the mask) plus a possibility to add 21 users or groups for the
permission. I have use EXT3 with the ACL(EA) and I have no problem at
all. If in your business you use MSOffice, add five more entries in your
planification.

Robert