[Samba] smbldap-useradd says "Error: modifications require authentication at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/smbldap_tools.pm line 1056."

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Tue Mar 6 23:24:32 GMT 2007

Hi Eric,

This line here looks like the interesting bit to me.

> Mar  6 13:59:38 macallan slapd[4731]: conn=50 op=3 RESULT tag=103
> err=8 text=modifications require authentication
It looks like the useradd script is doing an anonymous bind, which is
interesting since you mentioned that you used the populate script which
should be using the same bind settings. have you reset any passwords?
changed any acls? I would double check the bind DN and password in the
smbldap-tools config.

Regards,

Michael Heydon