[Samba] smbldap-useradd says "Error: modifications require authentication at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/smbldap_tools.pm line 1056."

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Tue Mar 6 23:45:54 GMT 2007

Moreless, it isn't trying to do it anonymously but as you said probably
is a problem with credentials:

Mar  6 13:59:38 macallan slapd[4731]: conn=50 op=0 BIND
dn="cn=Manager,dc=<MY DOMAIN>,dc=com" method=128

Binding as the manager but with a strange <MY DOMAIN> in the DN (that is
repeated in the searches).

Mar  6 13:59:38 macallan slapd[4731]: conn=50 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=49
text=

Then failing with an error 49, bad credentials (dn or password).

Have you configured correctly your smbldap_bind.conf or forgotten to
configure some option related to the base dn in smbldap.conf?

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto