[Samba] Samba and LDAP: Trouble adding Win XP machines to the domain

Edmundo Valle Neto edmundo.valle at terra.com.br
Tue Jun 26 23:14:23 GMT 2007

Just to make it clear that its not normal a system really need to have
accounts created that way. I dont think is a good idea to call a
workaround used on a system that someone didnt got it working properly
(who knows why) as a solution, samba works very fine creating
workstation accounts automatically when joining the clients and can even
use accounts other than root trough privileges to join the client.

The list has several posts about that and the samba documentation shows
how to do that automatically and manually.

But anyway if the user that asked simply said that its fine for him that
way, and dropped the thread ...

Regards.

Edmundo Valle Neto