[Samba] Poor performance when copying large files from a Samba server to a PC

Peter Lappo peter.lappo at smr.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 23:47:47 GMT 2007

Hi,
Does anyone else get poor performance when copying large files from a
Samba server to a PC in a Windows XP / Samba Linux environment?

Its faster copying from the PC to Samba by a factor of 12.

I'll probably give up soon and buy a network attached storage device to
save myself hours of messing around.

Peter