[Samba] Re: Profile deleted

Mario Gzuk mariogzuk at technikz.de
Fri Jun 22 14:02:01 GMT 2007

Am Freitag, den 22.06.2007, 06:49 -0500 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Mario Gzuk wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > strange things or normal behavior? We have a samba domain and
> > "Domain-guests" accounts that are limited to log on to only some
> > machines, on this machines the "Domain-guests" are in the lokal admin
> > group.
> > 3.) log on again with this "Domain-guests" account -> all data and all
> > settings are gone. I was not able to find any of the files stored in
> > this account (under "Documents and Settings") and all settings are set
> > to the default.
> >
> > Is this normal?
>
> Yes, Guest account profiles are not persistent (ie, reset on every login).
>
> -- Rex

No, the profile is persistent until you add this account to a local
group. The M$ documentation says the same as you, but that is not
correct for domain-guests, so this behavior is completely strange....

But dont think about that any more. It is as it is, and I dont think
that M$ will correct such damn things....

greetz mario