[Samba] Write access to one user and Read-Only for anyother

Eric Boehm boehm at nortel.com
Wed Jun 20 15:46:22 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:37:09PM -0300, Maginot Junior wrote:

    Maginot> Hmm now its workin... BUT one more thing, and if I dont
    Maginot> want to be prompted for an user name ?  What I want to do
    Maginot> is map the share with the foouser login and username info
    Maginot> and all other who try to view the share could do it at
    Maginot> the most transparent way, with no question for user and
    Maginot> password... is that possible?

We would need to see you whole smb.conf. I'm not following what you
are trying to do. If you map the share to foouser login, then everyone
will have access.

Perhaps you could give more concrete examples of what it is you are
seeing and what you are trying to do,.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm at nortel.com               \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail